March 13, 2020
The safety of our students and staff members is our first priority so that we can then focus on excellence in teaching and learning. The first confirmed case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) is in Saskatchewan, so to promote safety and reduce spread of disease, our school division will continue to be guided by Public Health. First we want to remind parents and families to review effective hygiene practices:
- Practice proper coughing and sneezing etiquette (into bend of your elbow);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid large crowds and practice social distancing (stay 1-2m apart when possible and avoid hugging, kissing, shaking hands, high-fiving, etc.);
- Don’t share water bottles, band instruments, eating utensils, personal electronic devices, ear pods, or
- Monitor the health of yourself and children and if symptoms or concerns occur, then self-isolate and call the Health line at 8-1-1 for information.
- Refer to the information at saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus for details.