Candidates applying for substitute teaching with the Saskatchewan Rivers Public School Division can do so by submitting a resume, including the following:

  1. A cover letter indicating your interest in substitute teaching,
  2. A copy of your teaching certificate or verification from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education that you have met the requirements for certification,
  3. The names of three references – minumum of two supervisors (include work and home telephone numbers), and
  4. A copy of your internship report (beginning teachers).

This information can be mailed to or dropped off at our office at the following address:

Saskatchewan Rivers Public School Division
HR Department – Sub Teachers
545 – 11th Street East
Prince Albert, SK S6V 1B1

If you are invited to an interview and are accepted on our Substitute Teacher List, we will require you to complete some paperwork and to provide us with copies of the following documents (please bring original documentation with you and we will make copies):

  1. Your teaching certificate, birth certificate and Social Insurance Card. (We need to see originals)
  2. An official University transcript of final marks.
  3. A Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search. (This can take several weeks so start early. We need to see the original criminal record check and it must not be older than one year.)
  4. You will be required to complete a Direct Deposit Service Enrolment/Authorization Form, so please bring your banking information or provide us with a “void” cheque.

Bringing as many of these documents as possible to the interview will speed the process of getting you onto the Substitute Teacher List.

Note: Once all necessary documentation has been provided after the interview, please give us at least two weeks to get back to you. Feel free to check with us if we haven’t gotten back to you within that time frame.

Once you have been hired as a substitute teacher, it is not necessary to apply again from year to year. Over the summer, all current substitutes will receive a letter and Registration Form from the School Division asking if you wish to continue substituting. Please complete the Registration Form and return to the Education Centre by the date noted on the letter.