Summer Music Camp
Many of our schools are active in the summer hosting Literacy programs, Mental Health student workshops and more!
The Summer Music Camps are organized by a group of four partner music organizations – the Saskatchewan Band Association, Saskatchewan Choral Federation, Saskatchewan Music Educators Association and Saskatchewan Orchestral Association. These organizations are in the business of promoting and encouraging musical involvement and activity for all Saskatchewan residents as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes personal fulfillment and accomplishment.
These organizations wish to take a leadership role in expanding the musical opportunities available to city youth in the summer months and appreciates the opportunity to work with both SaskCulture and the Dream Brokers Program to provide this summer camp!
The Prince Albert Camp was held at W.J. Berezowsky School from July 18 – 21. The camps have been running for five years and this is the fourth time we were able to hold the camp in Prince Albert. The students got to learn drumming, violin, guitar, choir and a variety of band instruments.
The camps are sponsored by SaskCulture, and a number of corporate sponsors.
The camp goals are:
- increased participation of children and youth in programming related to arts and culture
- increase the participation of families in the activities of children and youth and develop their capacity to sustain ongoing participation
- to remove or reduce the barriers to participation
- promotion of the benefits of participation in sport, culture and recreation programming to children, youth and families.
- to encourage an increased number of existing sport, culture and recreation programs/organizations
- to accommodate the needs of children and youth attending city schools in the summer who may not otherwise have that opportunity.