Contact Athletic Coordinator
960-9209 Fax: 763-5525
Prince Albert, SK S6V 6Z1
What is the P4A?
- The P4A is an acronym for Prince Albert and Area Athletic Association.
- The association governs athletic activities in schools that are part of the Saskatchewan Rivers Public School Division, the Prince Albert Catholic School Division
and Ecole Valois of the Francaphone School Division.
- The five main sports under our administrative umbrella are: Cross Country Running, Volleyball, Basketball,
Curling, Badminton and Track and Field.
- Each sport has a sport commissioner and his/her duty is to consult with the Athletic Coordinator and make sure that all leagues run smoothly.
- Scheduling is completed by the Athletic Coordinator.
- The P4A executive meets on a bi monthly basis and can meet more often if it is needed.
The Role of the P4A Executive:
- Create and govern the philosophy, values and rules of school based extra-curricular athletics from grades four to ten.
- Develop league structure and schedules, including start and completion dates.
- Co-ordinate tournament dates.
- Conduct sport meetings to inform members of new rules and to distribute information to association coaches, relating to schedules, philosophy and values.
- Determine the admission, suspension and number of teams within each sport league.
- Facilitate and organize coaching development opportunities for beginning and experienced coaches to enhance their coaching knowledge and enjoyment.
- Develop and promote fair play guidelines to coaches, athletes and spectators.
- Serve as a liaison between members of the association and school-based administrators/senior administrators/board members.
- Develop and implement a master plan and critical path for the association.
- Promote and organize annual general meetings.
- Develop and apply fee structures.
- Organize, promote and administer season ending Extravaganza tournaments.
Who is on the Executive?
- The executive is made up of teachers, coaches, administrators and the athletic coordinator from the school systems in the P4A.
- The present members are:
Doug Tucker Co-Chairperson (J.D.) - Sask Rivers
Terry Springett - Co-Chairperson (H.C.) - P.A. Catholic
Robert Clarke - Superintendent
Randy Boscher - Treasurer - Red Wing
Ellen Grewcock - Carlton
Bill Simpson - Human Resources Administrator
Ron Stewart - Athletic Coordinator
Rob Tomyn - John Diefenbaker
Don Laing - Wild Rose
Marliese Kasner - Canwood
Matt Gray - WJ Berezowsky
Scott Langlois - St. Francis
Tom Mack - Arthur Pechey
Kent Arpin - W.J. Berezolwsky
Clint Rissling - St. John
Jeff Court - Carlton
Rene Quintal - St. Mary
Roger Dorval - St. Francis
Graham McGregor - PACI
Bob Thompson - Debden
Trina Close - Riverside
Back to top